11.11.2010

Weekly Product Review: Bath and Body Works Leaves Candle

This week I am going to review one of my all-time favorite things about fall: Candles!  I love having the warm welcoming scents throughout my home!  I used to burn candles year round and then I had kids and was always scared they would knock one over or I would forget to blow it out and would wake up at 3 am with the smoke detectors going off, so I kind of gave them up for awhile.  But there is something about fall and winter that almost requires a candle :) 


Bath and Body Works are my favorite candles.  I don't usually shop at BBW as I feel their body items are inferior to others that I favor, but their Slatkin & Co. candles are hard to beat. They provide a nice light scent and spread quite a bit.  They also burn evenly so there is no wasting the bottom 1/4 of the wax because the wick has already burned out. 

My favorite scent is Leaves. I can't begin to describe it, but suffice to say that it does not smell like leaves at all, in my opinion.  A couple of friends who have come to my house tell me that it smells like I have been baking all day and there is definitely a spicy warm note in it.  It basically smells like Fall to me.  So think of all the scents associated with fall: pumpkins, baking, caramel, apples and there you have Leaves candle. 

My only complaint is that they don't have more products in this scent...a hand soap would be fabulous (are you listening BBW???).  But I do like that it is seasonal because I always look forward to seeing it hit shelves in early September!  I stocked up a month or so ago when the 3-wicks were 2/$20 and have already gone through 2 candles.  I think I may be purchasing more before the season is over!


3 comments:

  1. Darn! I thought the 2/$15 I got last week was a deal...missed out on the steal! I'm enjoying their peppermint stick scent for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this candle too!:D I'll wait for the sale and I'll buy some more!:D

    Happy Friday!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remind me to get some on our shopping trip this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete