11.10.2010

I Believe there are Angels Among Us

     This post is a little different than most-okay or any-of my posts, but it is something that has been on my mind all day, so I thought it appropriate to post.
     Last night, I had the opportunity to meet some wonderful friends for a quick coffee/pastry date.  While we were talking, we got on the topic of how quickly things can happen and life can change in an instant.  Not long after getting home, the kids were finishing dinner and I was starting the dishes.  My husband brought our baby over to wash his hands and didn't realize that the dishwasher was down.  Before he could react, he tripped over the dishwasher, knocking the bottom tray completely out and then tripping over that before going head first into our cabinets, and then landing on top of our baby.  I saw everything and it was bad.  I was ready to call 911 as I thought for sure we were in serious trouble.  Karson immediately started crying and Matt was obviously shaken up.  I picked Karson up, expecting for there to be a lot of blood and not wanting to think about what else.  But miraculously, I saw nothing......nothing!
     Still, as a sit here writing it today, I can hardly believe it.  He cried for less than a minute and walked back over to the dishwasher, pointed to it and said, "Da Da, Whoa Whoa" (Dada Nono).  It took both Matt and I quite awhile to recover, but it was a not-so-gentle reminder of how quickly life can change.  I am so thankful that we have our Karson here with us today and just as ornery as he was yesterday, but I also can't help but think of those parents who aren't as lucky when these freak accidents happen.
     This morning, on our way home from grocery shopping, I had yet another reminder of how precious life is.  There was a story on K-Love about a little boy who was in a terrible car accident with his dad and he literally died for a little while, but against all odds, came back.  You can see his story here.  His parents wrote a book about it that I can't wait to pick it up, especially after seeing that angels really do exist and they were here last night protecting my Karson.

No comments:

Post a Comment