10.23.2010

Quality not Quantity

So I have come to the time in my life where less is more.  I am a stay-at-home mom, so I no longer need an extensive wardrobe of dress pants and cardigans, yet I still like to look nice.  After cleaning out Darling Husband and I's closet this summer and then beginning the daunting task of selling the kids' outgrown clothes on ebay..I came to the realization that we have too. much. crap. 

With that, I decided that I will begin buying a few classic pieces each season, knowing that may cost more, but will also hold up much better for longer.  I am really going to try to stop buying too much at places like Forever 21 as they don't seem to last much longer than a season in most cases.  Not only will I wear my clothes more often because I will have less, but I won't have to return nearly as much.  Those of you that know me know how I love to shop online but end up returning half of what I buy due to it fitting wrong or looking different, blah, blah, blah...  Well, I am happy to let you know that those times are no more.  I will still continue to browse online (duh!), but will actually wait until I can try on and purchase items in-store. 

Without further ado, these are the few pieces that I hope to add to my wardrobe this fall/winter:






A few cozy sweaters in fall colors:


Ann Taylor Loft

Ann Taylor Loft




So, what is on your fall wishlist?

2 comments:

  1. I definitely think that chunky sweater you bought today is a classic piece. And very functional. :)

    I need and want to live by the less is more mentality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black boots are #1 on my list! And my Burberry purse remains on the list, as it has for the past 3 years. Someday!

    ReplyDelete