9.23.2010

First Product Review--Kirkland Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner


This is going to be the first post in a weekly segment that I am going to start doing.  Each week I will review a new "product".  Anyone who knows me, knows that I am kind of a product junkie.  I will be first in line to try something that guarantees anything.  This isn't just beauty products, but also kitchen products, cleaning, etc.  So I figured I might as well put it to good use and let other people know about the things that I have tried. 

Without further ado, I picked up this shampoo and conditioner after a rave review from a member on a fashion board that I belong to (fashionism.org).  It is supposed to be a dupe for Pureology Nanoworks, which is a bit over my budget, so I have never tried to compare.  When I first picked it up at Costco, I was a bit skeptical as my hair is very fine, so I was concerned that the moisturizing ingredients may weigh it down.  I figured if it didn't work for me, I would just use it on Grace's hair as it is not nearly as picky.  I couldn't wait to get home a try it and I have to say that it is as amazing as the reviews!  I instantly felt a difference in my hair, just in combing through it after my shower.  I usually have to use some sort of detangling spray because I have naturally wavy/tangly hair.  Well this time, the comb glided right through my locks and I knew instantly that this was something great.  I didn't use any styling products because I wanted to see what it was like on my bare locks.  It was so soft and frizz-free and actually laid quite nicely.  I didn't even have to use my flat iron!  It is also sulfate-free which is a bonus for my already damaged/color-treated hair.  The best part though, is that the shampoo and conditioner LITERS!! cost me $16 total.  So not only is this stuff amazing for your hair, but it doesn't hurt your pocketbook either!  

I will be repurchasing another set of the shampoo and conditioner just in case Costco decides to discontinue it (as has occurred many times with many things I grew to love).  You do have to have a Costco membership, and honestly after using this stuff, it might just be reason enough to keep our membership, though I think the organic eggs and hormone-free milk that we buy there is reason enough. 

In short, these new products are amazing and if you are like me and like to try new things that promise great results, you must run out and buy this immediately!


2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to get mine too! I loved it so so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on stocking up - that always happens to me too. Boo.

    ReplyDelete