12.09.2009

What a gift...

I awoke today at 5:42 to the sound of my phone ringing. Usually this is startling at such an ungodly hour, but on the day after the first snowstorm of the season hit our area, this can only mean one thing: SNOW DAY! As a teacher, I think I appreciate these days even more than when I was a child. I happily answered the phone and my hope was confirmed; School is canceled! I still had to get up and go downstairs to see our school district scroll across the closings at the bottom of the screen. Something about seeing it always leaves me with a cozy (put on another layer and get back in bed) feeling. Well, unfortunately my ten-month-old had other plans and he awoke around 5:50, so I turned on HGTV and was able to sit down and relax rather than rushing to get myself and three babies ready!

We started the day by making pumpkin pancakes


And we have already created some artwork masterpieces

And now I am sitting by the fire and enjoying my coffee :)


Happy Snow Day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I think I need your pancake recipe. And I love your plates!

    ReplyDelete